Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolution...what?

So, I have never made a New Year's Resolution before, but I think it's a good time to start. It's the good ol' traditional lose weight, get in shape blah blah blah. However, I am going to add the element of getting this damn disease under control. I am ready to fight. I know that I am in for a long a hard battle, but let's go. I'm ready. I'm sick of the ups and downs I get ALL the time!!! I went to bed last night at 6.9 and woke up at 18.9! What the hell is that? 2007 was a good year though. I got my first insulin pump, which, as frustrating as it can be, has helped. Each day I curse the thing and wonder why I bothered to spend all that money on it because it doesn't seem to make ANY difference, but then I remember how my A1c has gone down and that when I look at it objectively, the pump has made a big difference. The last few months of 2007 were definitely the roughest months I've had in ages. My eyes have been so unstable. I never know if I'm going to be able to see when I wake up. I'm going to see a surgeon in January and hopefully he can do something for me. But I do know that most of this is caused by me and that I decided to pay attention to my health a little too late in the game, but it's frustrating going from a teenager who didn't give a rat's ass, with no complications, to an adult who yearns to have control and tries to have control, but has all the complications. The only thing I can do is persevere and hope that 2008 brings good things. So, here's to hoping. Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments: