Friday, January 11, 2008

Normal numbers???!!!???

6.4. I had to blink. I didn't think that my meter actually went that low...or wait a minute, I didn;t think my bs could go that low. For a minute I was surprised that I wasn't lying on the ground in some sort of hypo coma. My body is not used to being that number, that is low for me. But, I felt fine. I felt great actually. It was 3pm and I had just gotten up. I worked a 12 hour night shift last night. I got home just after 7am, went to bed at 8am and then slept till 3pm. It was wonderful. Then I remembered that I had to come back in for another 12 hour tonight. Blah. 12 hour night shifts suck big time. It is currently 10:30, only 8 more hours to go!! Definitely shitty. So, I made myself an egg and cheese sandwich and had a yogurt for dessert. I counted 50 carbs for that and bolused 5 units. I got to work and tested around 7:20 and was disappointed to see that I was 12.5. Of course I corrected and we will see what it is in a bit. The worst thing about working here is the food. Prison food. Most people would assume that jail food is horrible...oh no, it can actually be quite the opposite. I went to check out the fgood situation and here's a big fat banana cake with icing sitting there. Damn it all to hell. Of course I had to try a piece. Oh well. The cooks bake all sorts of good stuff like cookies, cakes, pies, tarts etc. It is brutal. The inmates gain pounds and so do the staff. The meals vary from healthy to fried. Every Sunday they cook roast beef or a turkey and have a traditional sunday dinner. They eat a lot of potatoes, and french fries. but for jail food, it's pretty tasty, just unhealthy. I've gained 20 pounds since starting here 2 years ago. I'm trying to lose it now, but the banana cake isn't helping that or my blood sugars. oh well c'est la vie i suppose.

No comments: