Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where does the time go?

It has been a loooooooooong time since I last wrote. It has been a busy summer workwise. Life as a 'casual' officer sucks, to say the least. We are on-call 24-7 which takes any chance of a life away. My 5 year relationship with my boyfriend died a month ago because of the lifestyle I am forced to lead. Oh well. It's not like I can just give up a government job. On the diabetes front, on August 9 I decided that perhaps it was time to unload some of the excess weight I seem to have accumulated over time. I started watching my carb intake which, in turn, allowed my insulin intake to drop enormously. Before august 9 my average daily units was around 120-150, huge. Since then my average is around 70 units a day. I have also lost 10 pounds which feels great. I have a lot more to lose, and I know I am still taking too much insulin but it's a start in the right direction. I'm meeting with my dietician next week and I hope to work on my carb intake with her. It's really hard to go a whole day without consuming a lot of carbs. i just smply run out of ideas. I am not a cook, I do not cook nor do I like to cook. My oven has been broken for a month now and I don't miss it at all. So that leaves me with consuming foods that do not require much preparation or cook time. Plus, being a 'casual' makes it impossible to plan ANYTHING ahead so that makes even grocery shopping a chore. It seems that everywhere we turn we are being bombarded with these 'quick and easy' meals, fast food etc. It's so easy to just stop at McDonalds' and grab a burger and fries, but I have to remind myself that that is not the right choice. Oh well, one step at a time.

1 comment:

Healthtec Software said...

Not the right choice at all...these foods give a moment of happiness and whole life of bad health...avoid avoid avoid them.Medical Billing Software