Sunday, May 11, 2008

3 Months Later...

Well, it has indeed been quite awhile. It's not exactley that I've been busy, but rather that I've been too bored to blog. Today is my first shift back at work. What started as 6 weeks off ended up being 4 months. I had 2 vitrectomies in that time. Things have definitely changed in the sight department. I had my 2nd vitrectomy just over 2 weeks ago so I haven't completely healed, but what a difference. I can see almost perfectly from the eye I had my first citrectomy on. I can drive, I can read, it's awesome. I hated being off work for so long. Unemployment paid me jack shit so I was broke the whole time. My family has been amazing through all of this. They were at both vitrectomies and all the visits in between. I have spent more time in Toronto than at home. Or at least it feels that way. I am severely losing the weight loss game. I have gained so much weight from just sitting around the house. I wasn't allowed to exercise after both surgeries so that gave me a lot of couch time. I really need to get serious and get this extra weight off. I did quit smoking finally which is awesome. I'm super happy about that. Other than that, it seems that I have returned to my old life. Work. Eat. Sleep. The one thing that I did not manage to do while I was off was to get my blood sugars in control. I have had a ridiculous time with that. I can't seem to do anything right. I am on soooooo much insulin, which of course doesn't help the weight loss game. I really have to get these disease in check or I may end up checking out way before my time. and that thought scares me.

No comments: